Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I CAN FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT

I am constantly amazed, almost awe struck by the outpouring of love from Lucy fans for this journey called I LOVED LUCY that I am on. The emails, the texts, the facebook postings all rooting me on, as if they knew me personally. Maybe, hopefully my story has touched them in a way to make them feel they do. I have been on this "joy ride" for the better part of a decade ever since I started writing the memoir, which actually just started out as a journal so that I would ALWAYS remember the incredible decade I had with Lucy from 1980-1989. Now, with the play 55 days from first preview in Laguna, the excitement builds daily. As does the blessing, and the fear, and the fright and the sheer marvelous madness of it all. To be able to share my story with so many has truly been one of the great joys of my life. To have it come alive from the page to the stage is almost indescribable. We have a great cast; Jeffry Denman as LEE, Diane J. Findlay as LUCY and an incredibly talented, sensitive, smart director named Todd Weeks. The Laguna Playhouse has been wonderful to me in taking a leap of faith in these tough times with a new American play and I am very grateful. OK, gotta do some re-writes. Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Of all the decades to have had a lapse in our friendship, I picked your Lucy years! Although I missed your stories back then, in real time; I wholeheartedly enjoyed them while reading your book.

    My husband and I stopped for a bite to eat en route to the Hamptons (Route 27 East). There was a picture on display of a youngish Lucy and Desi.

    Everyone did and still does love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete